The Electron Devices Society Newsletter, published quarterly, covers regional and chapter activities, technical meetings, awards, and other news and initiatives of the society.
This series of articles has been initiated by Joachim N. Burghartz at the Institute for Microelectronics Stuttgart (IMS CHIPS), and will be edited by him and Simon Deleonibus.
Microelectronics have been successful in more than 50 years of continuous advancement following Gordon Moore’s vision from 1965. This progress became possible mostly through directed progress in device technology, following the ITRS roadmap. However, there were also unexpected discoveries and coincidental inventions that had a distinct and even fundamental impact on the art of microelectronics.
Those achievements will be highlighted in a series of articles in the EDS Newsletter in 2018 and 2019 as outlined below:
- Overview by J. Burghartz and S. Deleonibus (July 2018)
- Electronic Materials (October 2018)
- Process Technology (January 2018)
- Device Structures (April 2019)
- Concepts&Techniques (July 2019)
- Technologies (October 2019)